Ford Motors and team really knows what their customers want, as shown in the most recent rendition of their landmark F-150 pickup truck. The 2015 Ford F-150 hosts a slew of innovative features that the design team dreamed up to better assist Ford drivers. All of the features were specifically engineered by the Ford design team to make interacting with your vehicle that much easier. In fact, these features were implemented to satisfy customers without them ever even noticing. “If I do my job, the customer simply intuits that things are right – both inside and outside of his truck – without even having to think about it,” said Cary Diehl, Ford human factors engineer, who worked on the design and development of the all-new F-150.
Take a look at this short clip, where Jennifer Shaw, Driver Assistance Electronics Supervisor at Ford, walks through some of the key driver assistance features found on the all-new 2015 Ford F-150 including 360-degree Camera System, Blind Spot radar monitoring, and Active Park Assist.
The Prestige Ford team loves the rest of the new features, too. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the awesome additions you can find on the 2015 Ford F-150.
- Curve Control– this innovative system will help reduce the speed of your vehicle by up to 10mph per second if you have mistakenly entered a turn too quickly.
- Smart towing– dashboard informs the driver of malfunctioning trailer lights.
- Multi-contour seating– these seats are the perfect remedy after a long day in the office or on the job site.
- Blind Spot Information System– radar sensors located in the taillamps of the truck help keep an eye on the areas that a driver may not be able to see, such as when a driver is attempting to change lanes or when backing out of a parking space
- Lane-keeping system– side-mounted cameras sense lane markings while you drive. If your start to veer out of your lane, a small steering wheel vibration is activated to notify the driver.
- Optional Hill Descent Control– this optional feature utilizes anti-lock braking to give the driver improved control while navigating their vehicle down a hill.
- Individual tire pressure monitoring system– this unique feature allows drivers to see the precise air pressure of each tire, allowing them to more readily correct low tire pressures (which could also improve gas mileage)
Stay up to date on the latest from Ford by following our blog and social media pages, and be sure to be on the look out for the 2015 F-150 when it’s released later this year. Find more info on current Ford models, including the 2014 F-150, by visiting our website at www.PlanetFord45.com!