The 2015 Ford Explorer in Spring beats the competition yet again at Planet Ford in this comparison with the Toyota Highlander. The Toyota Highlander puts up a good fight but in the end, the Ford Explorer is the better buy with its numerous safety features and expertly designed interior. Take a closer look at the 2015 Ford Explorer with Planet Ford!
These are some of the features that make the Ford Explorer stand out from the competition:
- Choose the optional driver alert monitor that can detect an inattentive driver and sound a warning to help you avoid nodding off at the wheel.
- In the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s front crash test, the Explorer received five stars overall but the Highlander fell short with only four stars overall.
- If you’re looking for the more powerful ride on the road the Ford Explorer is a great choice and its 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder engine produces 240 horsepower and 270 lbs.-ft. of torque. The comparable Highlander model will not give you the same power.
- The Explorer 4 cylinder FWD gets 28 mpg on the highway and 20 mpg in the city, which is more efficient than what the Highlander is capable of.
- You’ll get better traction with the Explorer that has larger optional tires that will give you the best traction on all types of surfaces.
- The Explorer has vehicle speed sensitive variable-assist power steering, which makes parking easier and gives you better control on the highway at top speeds.
- A roomy interior can make a big difference when traveling with multiple passengers and the Explorer offers much more passenger volume than the Highlander. The Explorer also offers an optional rear tailgate seat that can be used during picnics when the car is parked.
- Storing cargo has never been easier thanks to the Explorer’s third row seat that folds completely flat to create more space.
Interested in learning more about the 2015 Ford Explorer in Spring? Visit Planet Ford today and speak with one of our sales associates about the rest of the Explorer’s awesome features!