Randall Reed and Planet Ford in Spring, the No. 1 Ford Dealer in the Houston area for 15 years, presented five graduating high school seniors with the Planet Ford Scholarship.
The awards, in the amount of $2,500, are part of the ongoing outreach by the Reed family and Planet Ford to help fuel the dreams of the young people in the Spring, Texas and surrounding communities.
This year’s Planet Ford Scholarship winners include:
- Julia Meyer of Conroe High School. Attending Texas A & M University for Biomedical Sciences.
- Katie James of Oak Ridge High School. Attending Texas A & M University for English.
- Hailey Rogers of The Woodlands College Park High School. Attending Georgia Institute of Technology for Chemical Engineering.
- Matthew McClellan of The Woodlands High School. Attending the University of Texas at Austin for Chemical Engineering.
- Olivia Wren of Caney Creek High School. Attending the University of Houston for Business.
The Planet Ford Scholarship awards were open to graduating high school seniors with a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher. One student applicant from each participating school was eligible to win a $2,500 award. The winners were selected by a Planet Ford panel based on a students grades, school and community involvement and goals for the future.
“There were so many amazing candidates this year,” said Shawn Burns, General Manager/Operating Partner of Planet Ford in Spring, Texas. “It was a real challenge for our team to narrow it down to a handful of winners, which also speaks to how special those selected truly are.”
Randall Reed, owner of Planet Ford and World Class Auto Group agreed. “This is a group of extraordinary young people. We are so happy to help encourage and support their future endeavors. They are going to go far in life,” he said.
Randall Reed’s Planet Ford in Spring is located at 20403 I-45 in Spring, Texas. The dealership has earned of being the No. 1 Ford dealer in the area for 15 Years*. Planet Ford offers new Fords and quality pre-owned vehicles. In addition, Planet Ford also provides a full Service, Parts and Collision Department. For more information, visit www.PlanetFord45.com.